Smartphones are the most wanted tech in the world. It made life more simpler than before. Now computers or laptops are getting replaced by the smartphones as you can do all the same stuff with your smartphone even while you on the move. Smartphones come in the market with few restrictions as you can not do the administrator’s configurations. Actually it’s a linux based phone and root is the main administrator of every linux OS. With root authority you can perform restricted actions like uninstalling built-in apps and grant root access to different apps. In short, you can do anything with it you want. In this tutorial, I am gonna tell you how to root samsung smartphone using odin with very simple steps.
- Download Odin.
- CF-AutoRooter. (If it doesn’t work for your phone, you can search for your model on Google.)
- Device drivers. (If you have samsung phone, Kies will work).
Steps to root samsung smartphone using odin:
- Go to your phone Settings > About Phone and tap seven times on Build Number. It’ll turn on the developer options.
- We need to enable USB Debugging option now. For that go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- After enabling developer options, shut down your phone.
- Ok now hold on for few seconds Power Button + Home Key + Volume Down Button to turn on the phone. Now press the Volume Up Button to continue.
- Run the Odin on PC and connect your Phone to the machine. As you’ll connect the device and drivers loaded successfully, it’ll show a blue block in ID:COM like in the below screenshot.
- Extract the downloaded Autorooter. Now hit PDA and browse for the extracted CF-AutoRooter and select it.
- Once you selected the Autorooter, Start and wait for it to complete.
- You will see the pass message once it completes. Your phone may reboot during this process. Don’t worry if it happens. After Pass message, disconnect your phone from the machine.
Congrats..!! You’ve rooted your smartphone successfully. Hope it’ll work for you. If you face any problem to root samsung smartphone using odin. Feel free to ask your queries.